Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Florentino Liqueur - My Personal Cross To Bear

I think I've cracked the nut of the mysterious Florentino Liqueur, a traditional elixir long savoured by the indigenous people of Cleveland Ohio. Ohioans typically drink it straight, or cut with Mountain Dew, in an effort to as rapidly-as-possible reach the LD50 threshold for FD&C Yellow #5, I believe with the goal of ending their miserable existence. I lack the fiery spirit and Devil-May-Care attitude of the blazing Buckeye, and so find Florentino is best enjoyed sparingly over the course of an entire lifetime, with as much delay between samples as possible. There has been surprisingly limited research into the effects of Florentino on the human endocrine system, but here is a link to a study about feeding food coloring to albino rats because Progress Is Cruel.

On aforementioned nut cracking - lime is the key. Also you want to use a darkly color liqueur to disguise the diabetic urine glow of raw Florentino. I have now ruminated on Florentino longer than any soul not consigned to Purgatory and I still have little positive to say about it. Why do I return so frequently, to a well so dry? Florentino is distressingly the only search term which is driving traffic to my still basically undiscovered blog. And so, thou faceless truth-seekers of the great Network-In-The-Sky,  thy weird, desperate will is my command. 


The Will Of The People Is A Specious Directive
1.5 oz Cranberry Liqueur*
1 oz Florentino Authentic Ohioan Liqueur
1/2 lime
Soda
Sprig of Mint


This drink is good. If you are burdened with a bottle of Florentino this is so far the best option. To make this cocktail, use the ingredients listed about and combine in some fashion. I find that if you pour them into an old paint can (use only oil-based paints, NO LATEX) with some ice and take them to the paints department of your local hardware store, they will often let you use the paint stirring machinery to achieve a sublimely thorough mixing.

*Stonebarn Brandywork's Cranberry liqueur is particularly dry, so an effective replacement would be natural cranberry juice touched up with a bit of vodka to "cure" it
This is an excellent breakfast drink. Some of the more moralistic may look askance at drinking in the morning, but they are chowderheads who have no grasp of how to create Joy in one's own life. They cast a shaming eye towards my post-breakfast Watermelon & Absinthe Blender Potion, yet these same hypocrites can often be found on Sundays bright and early guzzling down wine with their good-time buddies merely because it has been ordained 'The Blood Of Our Saviour'...

14 comments:

  1. Uh this is hilarious. I want to read funny commentary are obscure booze all the time. No really. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been reading through you're old blog posts about Italy, you take some purdy photos. I'm about to go there for the second time and trying to get psyched up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So....where can I get it? Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really! Where can you still buy it??? I have ben looking for it for years!! We need it for a recipe - Harvey Wallbanger Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need it for a recipe, just use Galliano. If you want to buy some, I will sell you 1/3 of a bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been looking for a reliable cure for a hangover and I think I’ve finally found one that works well for me. I bought Detoxicated samples on their website to see if it actually worked and I was pleasantly surprised. It also has a bunch of scientific stuff about how and why it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no cure for Florentino.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anybody know who made Florentino? or who the distributor was?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bottle states that it is bottled by Mar - Salle Co. in Chicago, Illinois. They are listed as sole agents. Dating the tax strip my bottle is from 1973 - 1976.

    If any finds more information and if this even exists anywhere let me know. Email above.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    Epoxy Solvent
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a full bottle at my bar haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found a partial bottle when I was cleaning out my mom's house. Google led me here. And I have Mountain Dew on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 2 half bottles, Florentino and Valentino. Same color. No description. I am wondering if they would do well in canned peaches (instead of vodka or brandy) to make a quick peach liqueur. Any opinions from the experts on This site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest consulting this site before attempting https://qxmd.com/calculate/calculator_236/findrisc-diabetes-risk-calculator

      Delete